Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Montreal Musings: Montreal Jazz Fest Day 1


Made it to Montreal for the Montreal Jazz Fest and I've decided I'll be tweeting, and blogging here about everything Montreal while I'm here. Check me out and enjoy. Its been fun, surprising and exciting so far. I gotta get a nap before checking out Melissa Laveaux and Kool and the Gang tonight. Keepin it jazzy, JD

3:10 p.m. In the airport there r downward sloping peoplemovers - great in theory unless ur wearing thong wedge sandals. Ouch

3:30 When the driver of the hotel shuttle turns on the radio, why am I surprised to hear French-speaking DJs introducing French pop music and Bonnie Tyler's Total Eclipse of the Heart.

3:35 Overheard on hotel bus: Spirited discussion btw new friends, Victoria, Human geography prof of Caribbean descent, & Troy, biology prof.

4:00 There's a 30 percent chance of rain & likelihood of overcast climate 4 my entire stay. But I don't care! I'm happy to be away. Feeling like the old Joyce, pre-house, pre-mommy, pre-responsibilities. Adventerous, creative, carefree. And yes I do feel guilty writing that. It's hard to deny who you are on the inside.

4:20 Been here 2 hours and just found out its Canada Day! Who knew?

4:30 Hotel shuttle driver says Benjamin Franklin was staying in the Governors House when he said that its easier to buy Canadians than it is to convince them to join us.

5:10 Met Mark Whitfield from Chris Botti's band in hotel elevator. "When I used to play these festivals 15, 20 years ago, they used to be free."

5:45 Got my press pass (with my picture on it) & tickets to about 10 great shows! WHOOOHOOO!

Share/Save This Post

Share/Bookmark

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin