Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Win Terry McMillan's Sequel to Waiting To Exhale!


Can a woman be happy without a man?

I heard Terry McMillan on The Takeaway this morning talking about her new book, Getting to Happy, the sequel to her best-selling novel, Waiting to Exhale (which is nearly 20 years old!?!?!). While there's betrayal, divorce and tragedy in the new book, McMillan talked more about how the characters Bernadine, Savannah, Gloria and Robin were all looking to themselves for happiness instead of to a man.

I wonder how many women realize this is the way to go - or even agree that you can be happy without a man. I've lived on both sides of this coin. Let me know how you feel.

To find out how the drama queens of Waiting to Exhale fare, check out Heart & Soul Magazine, which is giving away a copy of Getting to Happy. And it's so simple to win.

Before you click away, don't forget to leave me a comment about why you think a woman can or can't be happy without a man. I really want to know what you think.

Love y'all!



Share/Save This Post

Share/Bookmark

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin