Thursday, June 2, 2011

My Daughter: The Actress!


I had no idea when I posted this lovely image of my daughter on Facebook that it would lead to her first acting gig.


And here's her first poster! She plays Reisha, the daughter of a woman in a troubled relationship, in the web series, Only God Can Judge Me, produced by Baz Brothers Production.


I am too excited and proud that not only is she smart, but she'll have the opportunity to explore her creative side through acting. Being on set was cool, even if she got a little antsy at times from the understandable number of takes and the wait time it took for her scenes to be shot.

She auditioned by telling the story of Rapunzel, which she'd learned in school and seen in the movie Tangled. And even though she was nervous, she also did a little Michael Jackson-inspired dance to showcase her versatility.


From taking cast photos to filming scenes, her involvement in this family friendly, Christian-based web series has been a wonderful learning experience for us both. Education is where it's at in my house. We stay focused on reading, writing and arithmetic, with a healthy dose of culture thrown in plays, festivals, crafts, art exhibits and library visits. And she's taken classes in everything from swimming and soccer to gymnastics and dance.


Yes, she's a busy girl. And even though she had one modeling job (above) last year, I must admit I have been a little wary about entertainment driven extra-curricular activities. But if she wants to do more acting and opportunities present themselves, I'll support her as long as she remains grounded in the important values her father and I work hard to instill in her character.


Off the soapbox and back to the excitement: I'd like to give a big old juicy proud mama shout out my super talented, super beautiful daughter, Amber Loyd, who can be anything in this world she wants to be, including an entertainer!

The episode she'll appear in will debut in July. So stay tuned, folks. She's blasting off!

Share/Save This Post

Share/Bookmark

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin