Friday, August 12, 2011

Feelin' It Friday: Skills Jones....

Back when I was in my 20s and flirted - for about 12 seconds - with putting some rhymes on a tape and trying to get it in the hands of a music exec, I would have LOVED to have some dope tracks like this to flow over.

I mean I lived around the corner from Nkiru Books in Brooklyn, frequented by Talib Kweli and Mos Def (pre-Black Star). I rolled up on ciphers pretty regularly back then - and I was just beginning to get my real music journalism career going, brushing shoulders with the digging-in-the crates crowd. Plus, I had the fly Bahamadia afro working. It could have happened.

Anyway...Novi Nicest - a self described designer, music composer, producer and writer - hit me up on Google+ and I checked his intro compilation on SoundCloud....listen and love....

And I hope this counts for my daily 30 minutes of writing....cause this is all I'm getting in today....

Writers write...

Allow Me To Introduce Myself by nicest

Share/Save This Post

Share/Bookmark

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin