Thursday, April 11, 2013

Appreciating My Role in Spelman College's Legacy of Educating Black Women


Today is the 132nd anniversary of the founding of Spelman College, pictured above in 1884 and 2012. While I did not attend Spelman (shout out to Howard University), I'm a native of Atlanta and spent many years attending various programs and events on this campus and others in the Atlanta University Center.

Class of 1892

Seeing women of African descent excelling intellectually and culturally has always had a profound impact on my development. After years editing consumer magazines, I never had any idea that I would end up in higher education. But I am so proud - and thankful - to work at Spelman and support the important mission of this incredible institution.

Class of 2012 

Want to know more about Spelman? Check out Inside Spelman, the digital publication that I edit for the college. Keep on Enjoyceinglife!  




Share/Save This Post

Share/Bookmark

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin