Tuesday, April 16, 2013

"Pants on the Ground" Singer Takes on the Ku Klux Klan


The man who sang the song "Pants on the Ground" on American Idol introduced himself to me in Kroger today - right in front of the milk refrigerators. He sang the song, showed me his "Pants on the Ground" belt buckle, and told me that he'd been "all on American Idol and everywhere" and that Rep. John Lewis had given him a plaque. He struck up a conversation by telling me that he was glad he didn't go to the Boston Marathon, and showed me a plastic bag full of medals (and a few around his neck) of a bunch of marathons he said he'd attended. I was kind of perplexed, and for some reason could not turn away. It was like I was caught up in the strangeness of it all.

He also said he was going down to the Georgia state capital this Saturday to protest against the Ku Klux Klan, who would be having a rally there (and that's true. Well it's a Neo Nazi rally). I gave him a pound and told him to "Keep up the good fight!" His name is Gen. Larry Platt and he "encouraged" me to tell everyone on "Google" that he is not dead. So folks, Gen. Platt is alive - and on the case. It's been quite a day. And I'm still Enjoyceinglife - hope you are, too.

 

Share/Save This Post

Share/Bookmark

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin